Following is the step-by-step instructions for registering and logging into South Africa’s UIF portal.
This comprehensive guide simplifies the process, helping you navigate registration, security vetting, and login. Perfect for those needing to access UIF services
Ufilling Register: How to Register for UIF?
- Begin by navigating to the uFiling website at https://ufiling.labour.gov.za/uif/register in your web browser.
- Locate and click on the “REGISTER” button, which is positioned in the top right corner of the homepage.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions for using the UIF portal.
- Fill in the required information in the form that appears, then click “Register”. The details you provide will be sent to the UIF for verification.
- A message will be sent to your chosen method of contact (email or SMS) with an activation link. Click this link to activate your account.
- Once you have activated your account, you will need to complete a security vetting process. This involves answering a series of demographic questions. The answers will be compared with information held by the Department of Labour for verification purposes.
- If your answers don’t match the records, you will receive a failure notification. In such cases, reach out to the uFiling Support via the “UIF Services Support” option for help.
- After passing the vetting process, you will be directed to a page to update your personal details. You need to complete this step before you can start using the uFiling services.
- To Login open the link https://ufiling.labour.gov.za/uif/login
- If you are logging for the first time, you should have received an activation message that was sent when you registered for the account. That message contains a temporary username and password.
- Use these credentials to log into your new uFiling account for the first time.
- On your first login, you will be prompted to change your password to something unique and secure.
- Once your password is changed, you will have full access to your uFiling account and can start using the uFiling services.
Once login, you can add employer or claim UIF online.