Do you have an average of 75% in your previous year of study at UNISA? If yes, you can apply for the UNISA Merit Bursary, designed to help the financially weak and academically deserving students at UNISA. Moreover, those intelligent students who cannot afford to pay for their education can get benefitted from this bursary.
The University of South Africa aims to provide equal opportunities for all students to complete their education. Therefore, this bursary aims to assist less fortunate students. So, let’s learn more about this bursary.
UNISA Merit Bursary
The University of South Africa is internationally recognized and renowned. Its prestigious position is maintained by its highly intelligent and hardworking students. Therefore, UNISA is considerate of its students and offers UNISA Merit Bursary to those students who are good at studies.
UNISA Merit Bursary covers students’ study fees and the cost of their prescribed textbooks. Similarly, it is available for students in every department. However, first-year students cannot apply for this bursary.
Additionally, the bursary is given based on merit, which means students with good grades can apply for it. If you have an average of 75% marks per year, you can apply. The target of this bursary is academically intelligent students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Similarly, students who cancel or de-register any module must refund the financial aid provided to them. Likewise, they will also be excluded if they score less than the target score in any academic year. So, the crux of the matter is maintaining your grades to keep getting financial aid.
Conditions for UNISA Merit Bursary Application
Before applying for the UNISA Merit Bursary, you must read the conditions that should be fulfilled to be considered for the bursary. First and foremost, you must be a second-year student. Moreover, the following are the rest of the conditions.
- Students must have obtained an average of 75% or more in the previous year.
- This bursary is only for South African students.
- Getting registered for a maximum of 5 modules is necessary.
- They must be registered for a formal qualification with one of the UNISA’s colleges.
- The student’s family’s total and complete income should be R600000 or less per year.
- Those students who received the bursary in the previous year must not apply again. However, they will only continue getting the bursary if they maintain the target score.
To apply for the UNISA Merit Bursary, you must compile documents to upload during the application process. So, collect and scan the following documents to upload them later.
You must have;
- If you are dependent, a certified copy of your parent’s ID; otherwise, your ID.
- Proof of your income in the form of a document.
- Record and proof of your academic performance.
How to Apply for UNISA Merit Bursary?
Students can apply for the Merit Bursary only through the university portal before the deadline to receive financial aid. Moreover, the application process is seamless and easy, with instructions on each step. However, if you find it difficult, let me guide you in applying for the UNISA Merit Bursary.
- First, visit the official UNISA website by clicking my admin.unisa.ac.za/student/bursaries/#!/home.
- Next, you will find a list of options on the left side of the page; select ‘merit bursary fund’ among them.
- Then, you must log in by entering your username and password in the given boxes.
- Then, you will be asked to fill out a form by giving all the information they need to consider you for the bursary; fill it in carefully and completely.
- Lastly, upload the documents mentioned above and click the ‘submit’ tab.
Contact Information for Further Enquiries
If you have any other questions about the UNISA Merit Bursary, you can contact their office any time, and they will guide you on your issue. So, the following are their reachable details.
- Address: Preller Str, Muckleneuk, Pretoria
- Contact Number: 0800 00 1870
- Email: [email protected]
What does the UNISA Merit Bursary cover?
The UNISA Merit Bursary covers deserving students’ tuition or study fees and their prescribed textbooks. So they will not have to pay for their fee at the University.
In a nutshell, UNISA Merit Bursary is an amazing financial aid designed to facilitate the hardworking UNISA students from a financially weak background. Similarly, the bursary will pay for their tuition fee and textbooks. However, they must have obtained an average score of at least 75% or more in their previous academic year at UNISA.
Additionally, they must register for a maximum of 5 modules per year and be a South African citizen. So, if you are meeting the eligibility criteria, apply now at the UNISA online portal.