Are you considering pursuing a nursing degree from the University of Kwazulu-Natal? Nursing is not just a profession but a passion that requires compassion, competence, and education. Therefore, UKZN is a perfect institution to choose for nursing because it is internationally recognized and trusted by a diverse student body.
Like any other successful institution, UKZN receives millions of applications every year. Therefore, they have eligibility criteria for every field, and you need at least 30 points for a bachelor’s degree in nursing. Moreover, let’s learn more about nursing requirements at UKZN.
Bachelor of Nursing at UKZN
The University of KwaZulu-Natal offers a Bachelor of Nursing (B Nursing) program designed to prepare students for a fulfilling career in nursing. Furthermore, the four-year degree program follows a problem-based and community health-oriented approach. Afterward, you can register as a general nurse, psychiatric nurse, midwife, and community health nurse.
Students must meet certain entrance requirements to get admission to the Bachelor of Nursing at UKZN. These requirements mainly focus on having a solid academic foundation and the necessary skills to succeed in nursing. Furthermore, here is a detailed guide on all the requirements for Nursing at UKZN.
APS Points Requirement
South African universities use the Admission Point System (APS) to calculate a student’s academic level for university admissions. Moreover, you need at least 30 points, excluding life orientation, for admission to the Bachelor of Nursing at UKZN.
- You need a National Senior Certificate with specific subject and level requirements.
- Students are required to have English at level 4 (HL/FAL) for proficiency in communication.
- Minimum of level 4 in life orientation is required. Moreover, these are not included in the overall 30-point requirement.
- You must have mathematics literacy and mathematics at level 3.
- International students applying for Nursing at UKZN must meet additional requirements and documentation like a HESA Evaluation, a letter from the Foreign Workforce Management Programme (FWMP), SANC registration, and other documents like PAssport, study permit, or refugee status.
Which college is for Nursing at UKZN?
The College of Health Science (CHS) at the University of KwaZulu-Natal is responsible for Nursing education. Moreover, the School of Nursing and Public Health (SNPH) is one of the four schools for Nursing in the College of Health and Sciences.
In essence, the University of Kwazulu-NAtal offers a four-year Bachelor of Nursing program to students with strong academic backgrounds. Therefore, you must meet their eligibility criteria because UKZN receives millions of applicants, and the admission rate is fairly competitive. Moreover, you should have at least 30 APS points excluding life orientation and meet the specific subject requirement as well.