Not receiving the payment even if your SASSA SRD R350 application is approved is a common issue and the one that confuses the first-time beneficiaries the most. But, it is all okay and there are various reasons why it happens. Here is a complete guide on the repeated causes and solutions to why your SASSA R350 is still approved but with no payment, so dive right in for more.
Reasons and Quick Fixes
There are numerous causes of beneficiaries not receiving their SASSA SRD payments despite the approval of their applications. Here, I have explained some of them, along with quick solutions.
The first reason why your SASSA payment is not received is because of the wrong bank or contact details. This can make it difficult for SASSA to transfer the amount to the designated bank account. Hence, it can result in delays in payments from the other side.
To check whether it is the issue, you must verify your SASSA status by calling on their helpline. In case this is the problem conveyed to you by the authorities, you will update the details on the service portal. Here is how you can do it.
- First, visit the SASSA website and log in to the SASSA service portal.
- Next, scroll down the main menu and click either the contact details or bank details based on what you want to change.
- After this, enter the designated fields mentioned on the pop-up menu.
- The SASSA will send you an OTP on the phone.
- Enter this code on the browser and it is done. You have now verified the new details and at any time you will receive the SRD payment.
The second most obvious reason why your SASSA payment hasn’t been released within the due date is because of the processing delays. This is because they get a high volume of applications each time, which takes a long time to process and verify. And even if your application is approved, they may be considering other applications and are not processing the payments yet.
In this case, all you can do is be patient and wait for SASSA to release the payments. In the meantime, keep yourself updated about other beneficiaries’ payment status on the social media handles. If everyone is having this issue, it may be genuine and you are required to wait.
It is common sense that the verification process from SASSA is extensive and takes a long time. Hence, if it is taking longer than usual for your application status to get updated on the service portal, it might be because it is still in the verification stages.
And to check this, all you need to do is visit the nearest SASSA office or call their helpline to get notified about your SASSA status. Typically, they should get back to you after verification within two weeks.
Another reason why you are not getting SRD payments is because there is fraudulent activity observed on your account. Beware of this, as it can cancel your SASSA payments. And to check whether this is the issue, contact the toll-free SASSA number and ask them about the issue.
Bank Account Exceeding the Threshold
If you have a personal bank account with some credit that is above the amount described by SASSA, they may cancel your payment, even if the application is approved. This is because the grant is for deserving people who have no other source of income. Hence, having money already in your account is considered fraud.
Last but not least, it can be a technical issue that you are unable to get access to your application result within the due date. This can even happen when your application has been approved and the payments are still due. Similarly, glitches in the website can also prevent you from getting access to your SASSA service portal.
The only obvious solution to this issue is to wait for some time to get your payments released. If it has been more than usual and you still haven’t got any clue about the payment, contact the SASSA helpline or email them and report the issue. They will soon come back to you with a timely response.
Further Factors that May Influence Your SASSA Payment
Here are some other issues that may be the reason why you are unable to receive your payments on the SASSA service portal.
- If your desired SASSA-partnered bank uses an e-wallet to release payments, these may get delayed or even canceled. In this case, you are required to check with the bank.
- If you have recently changed the payment method on the service portal, you may notice some lag and glitches in the system, resulting in the delay or cancellation of payments.
- Providing wrong information about your documents may result in the delay of your SASSA SRD payments.
- Do consider that if you are calling the helpline and there is no response, it may be because the helpline is overcrowded by requests. In this case, wait for some time and again consult customer service.
Where to Collect Your R350 Payment?
Once you receive the SASSA payment on your service portal, there are multiple ways through which you can collect your SRD R350. Here is a list of them.
- Direct through their bank accounts
- Through the SASSA card
- Through Post Office
- Through Cash Send
- And through Retail Merchants (in direct partnership with SASSA)
How to Submit a Payment Appeal to SASSA?
In case you are still unable to get the issue solved, it is time to submit an appeal to SASSA, so they can resolve it within time. You can make an appeal within 90 days of receiving the application result. Here is how you can do this:
- First, visit the SASSA website and log into the service portal.
- Scroll down the main menu and track the Click Here to Lodge an Appeal button. It is mostly a green bar.
- Once you click it, you will see a pop-up menu on the screen.
- Enter the information in the designated boxes and press Send Pincode.
- After this, you will receive an OTP on the registered phone number. Enter this pin on the designated field in the browser.
- Next, select the reason for your appeal from the drop-down menu and click Submit.
- Your application has been received by SASSA and they will respond to you within three to seven days.
Can I collect my R350 grant when it says approved?
If your application is approved and the payday is mentioned on the service portal, you can collect your R350 grant from the nearest partnered bank. And if it is only approved with no payday, you may wait for SASSA to release your SRD grant.
What can I do if my SRD grant is approved but no payment?
According to SASSA’s recommendation, if beneficiaries have not received their SRD grant payment, contact customer service on their toll-free service number, or write an email requesting the resolution of the issue.
How long does it take to get an SRD grant after the application is approved?
It takes around anywhere between two and seven days to get your SRD grant after the application is approved. Do consider that this may be delayed because of a long verification and processing process.
Does SASSA money expire if not withdrawn?
Yes, if the beneficiaries have not picked up money using the receipt, the authorities will collect their funds to be used at a later stage. This is because the receipts can’t be reversed, once they are released from the system.
It can be pretty frustrating for someone to get their application approved but not receive the payments timely. To address this issue, you have to track the issue and solve it. And I hope this guide has been helpful in figuring out what is wrong with the payments and resolving the issue.