There is a misconception that the SRD Grant application is only a one-time affair, which is not true. According to SASSA’s recommendation, you are required to resubmit the application after a designated time to make sure it is evaluated against the new and updated regulations. If you are wondering how to submit your SASSA Reapplication for R350, give this guide a quick read and follow the instructions carefully.
Do I Really Need to Reapply for SASSA R350 Grant?
Yes, recipients of the SASSA SRD R350 grant must reapply for consideration after every three months to refresh their data in the database. This is because SASSA changes its regulations and updates the eligibility criteria after every three months, which means your reapplication will again be evaluated against the new regulations.
The good news is that it is pretty easy for previous beneficiaries, as they don’t have to start the application from scratch.
Eligibility Criteria for Reapplication
To reapply for consideration, one must fulfill some conditions reserved by SASSA for the SRD grant. Here is a list of all the things you must have to be eligible for reapplication for the SRD R350 grant.
- Applicants must be nationals of South Africa.
- At the time of application, they must have a residential, refugee, or asylum seeker status. Or, they must have a certificate for special permits.
- They must not be employed at the time of application.
- They must not have any other source of income other than an SRD grant.
- The candidates applying for reconsideration must not be the beneficiary of other grants.
- They must be between the age of 18 and 60 years.
How to Reapply for SRD R350 Grant?
Reapplying for an SRD grant is pretty simple and takes no time. All you need to do is log into the account and update your personal and payment details. Here are some steps you can follow to resubmit your application for consideration for the SRD grant.
- First, visit the official SASSA SRD website and log into your account in the service portal.
- Scroll down the main menu after selecting the South African ID Holders.
- Next, track the Reconsideration Application or Reconfirm Your Grant Application. It is typically highlighted in a green bar.
- In the pop-up menu, enter the personal details required and click Submit.
- After this, enter your national ID card number and mobile phone.
- You will receive an OTP on this number.
- Enter this pin code on your browser and click Resubmit.
- Finally, your application for reconsideration has been submitted. It is now active for the verification stage and you will be conveyed the message of whether your application is approved or not.
Is There Any Other Method to Apply for Reconsideration
The good thing about SASSA is that it allows you to submit your application for reconsideration through multiple methods. Both these methods are easy to follow and work when you don’t have access to the website service portal. Here is a breakdown of each method for you to follow.
Through the Mobile
Apart from the website method, there is another method that doesn’t require you to have technical expertise or an active internet connection. All you need to do is consult the customer service client and reapply for the grant. To do so, follow these simple steps.
- First, call the SASSA toll-free number at 0800 60 10 11.
- Next, choose option 3, which is reserved for reapplication.
- After this, a consultant will call you from the other end.
- He/ she will ask you some questions regarding your personal details and bank details.
- After this, you will have to follow the instructions.
- Finally, he will ask you whether the application has been submitted.
Through the Email Address
Another way you can apply for reconsideration is through your email address. It is a simple and straightforward method and here is how you can do it.
- First, open your Gmail and compose an email to [email protected].
- Write Reapplication for SASSA SRD R350 in the title of the email.
- Next, give all your personal details, including name, email, mobile number, bank account, and everything that is mentioned on the SASSA website.
- Next, check the box at the end of the mail saying Notify Us by Email As Well.
- Once they have received your application, they will respond to you within a week or two.
How to Check the Status of Your SRD Reapplication Status?
Now that you have successfully submitted the application for reconsideration and there has been enough time for verification, it is time to check the status of your proposal. It is pretty similar to how you would check the status of any other application. Here are some steps to guide you through the process.
- Open the official SASSA SRD website and visit the service portal.
- Log into the service portal using your account username and password.
- Next, scroll down the main menu and select Reconsideration Status Check. It will be highlighted in a yellow bar.
- Once you click it, there will be a pop-up menu on your screen. Enter the ID number and mobile number in this menu.
- They will send you an OTP on your phone.
- Submit the pin code received on your mobile and click Verify Pin.
- Finally, it will open your reapplication and will show you whether the status of your proposal has been updated or not.
Do consider that SRD R350 grant applicants are required to resubmit their application after every three months. This refreshes their information in the system and checks whether they qualify for the new regulations or not. Likewise, after submitting the application, they should check for status updates after every two to three days.
Successfully Secure Your Place in Reapplication: Quick Tips
To prevent your reapplication from getting rejected, I am here with some quick and useful tricks.
- First, you should always keep yourself updated about the new SASSA requirements. This will help you in upgrading your personal information and documents tailored to the new regulations.
- Make sure to have all your documents in one place at the time of application. This is because SASSA can always ask you to resubmit the documents.
- Always seek assistance from a friend who has been a part of the process previously. This is especially for people who have technology fear and can’t keep up with the online application process.
- Make sure that all the information provided is up-to-date. You can check this on the application proposal page. Don’t leave any space for details.
- Follow the new instructions carefully written on the SASSA website. Though the temptation to complete the application is immense, you must fight the urge to do so, as the instructions always change after every three months.
- You need to sit for the application process patiently. It is going to be long and extensive, so don’t hurry the process.
Contacts for Queries
If you are still confused about the process, contact customer service to get facilitated.
- Phone Number: 0800 60 10 11
- Email Address: [email protected]
How often should I reapply for SRD R350?
As per the SASSA recommendation, you are required to reapply for an SRD grant after every three months.
Can I apply for the application if my SRD application was previously rejected?
Yes, you can resubmit your SRD grant application, even if it was previously rejected by the authorities.
What is the deadline for SASSA reapplication for R350?
Each year, SASSA opens its reapplication submission between March and July. You can always check the dates on the official SASSA website.
Can my application get rejected if I am a previous beneficiary of the SRD grant?
Yes, your reapplication is evaluated on the basis of new SASSA regulations. Hence, there is still a chance that you may not get your application approved the second time.
Applying for a grant can be hectic and lengthy, especially when you have to resubmit the entire application. But the good thing about SRD grant reapplication is that you don’t have to do everything from scratch, rather just follow some instructions and make sure the data is updated according to the new regulations.
Finally, I hope this guide has been helpful for you in figuring out how to submit the application for reconsideration.