SASSA Gold Card is the new electric card that is connected to the beneficiary’s payment system. Hence, with this, they can make new transactions at any ATM in South Africa, make purchases, and transfer funds conveniently.
And this card comes with an expiration date, after which you are required to renew it. Or even if you are a first-time beneficiary, you will have to apply for the SASSA card, as it doesn’t get processed automatically.
Here is a complete guide on how you can apply for the SASSA new card as a first-time beneficiary or renew it after the expiration date. So, don’t waste more time, and let’s get in.
How to Apply for a SASSA Card as a First-Timer?
You can apply for a new SASSA card either by visiting the nearest local office or through the online Service Portal. But before you dive right into getting the card, check whether you are eligible for the new gold card. And the eligibility criteria are mentioned clearly on the official SASSA website.
SASSA always advises its grant beneficiaries to apply for the card by physically visiting the nearest SASSA SAPO office. And if you are unable to go because of whatever reason, someone from your family can visit the office for the procedure.
- Once you are there, ask them to give you a form for the SASSA grant card.
- A SASSA representative will facilitate you in filling out the form and submitting the documents.
- After successfully doing so, they will tell you that the application is now active for verification.
- Finally, after verification, they will call you to pick up the SASSA card anytime.
Through Online Portal
Here is how you can apply for a new SASSA card through the online portal.
- First, visit the official SASSA SRD website.
- Scroll down and select the SASSA Services section.
- Press Register and enter the information required for each field.
- Now, your account has been registered with SASSA.
- Go to the SASSA grants and click Apply for the Card. Follow the instructions on the screen and you are done.
- Do consider that once it is approved, you will have to pick it up from the nearest SASSA office.
How Do I Renew My SASSA Card?
Similarly, if your SASSA card is expired, you are required to apply for the renewal of the card. The process is straightforward and fairly simple. And if you are wondering how to do it, follow these simple steps.
- First, visit the nearest SAPO or South Africa Post Bank.
- Tell them that your SASSA card has expired. Do consider that they date renewal cases only on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Next, they will give you a form to fill out. A SASSA representative will facilitate you through the process.
- After this, you are required to submit the documents.
- Now, the application is active and it has entered the verification stages.
- After successful verification, you will be asked to collect your card from the SAPO office at the moment.
How to Recover a Lost SASSA Card?
But what to do when you have lost your SASSA card? In this case, you have to report it immediately to the authorities and apply for the card renewal. And here is how you can do it.
- First, go to the nearest police station and place an FIR stating that you have lost your SASSA card.
- The next step is to visit the nearest SASSA SAPO office. You are required to take some documents with you, including ID proof, proof of residence, a copy of FIR, and banking details.
- After this, a SASSA representative will ask you to fill out a form and submit the required documents. The form is also available online on the service portal, so you can take a filled form with you while visiting the SASSA office.
- Now, he/ she will tell you whether the application has entered the verification stages.
- After successful verification, they will ask you anytime to collect the card.
What are the Benefits of Using the New SASSA Gold Card?
There are several reasons why SASSA grant beneficiaries prefer using cards over other payment methods.
- There are no illegal deductions with the gold SASSA card.
- Beneficiaries get free cash withdrawals from any partnered merchant banks or boxers.
- They also get to enjoy one-time free cash withdrawals per month from the Post Office branch.
- The purchases are free at merchant banks and Pick n Pay. Hence, you won’t be charged for any swipes.
- The new gold card can be used as Eurocard, Mastercard, and Visa Complaint Card.
- The gold SASSA card is accepted at any merchant bank ATM in the entire South Africa.
Can I ask for a SASSA card renewal without an expiration date?
No, you are not required to apply for SASSA card renewal without an expiration date.
How long will it take to renew a SASSA gold card?
It takes almost a day to renew a SASSA gold card if you are submitting the application by physically visiting the SAPO office. They will release a new card after the application is verified on the same day of the submission of the application.
Do I have to pay the charges for purchases made with SASSA cards?
No, the purchases and swipes are absolutely free with the new SASSA gold card.
Finally, SASSA payment cards have numerous benefits over other payment methods, the most popular being the freedom of purchase and transaction without any illegal tax cutting. And applying for this card is convenient. All you need to do is visit the nearest local SASSA Post office and a representative will help you through the process.
In the end, I hope this guide has helped you in figuring out how you can apply for the updated SASSA gold card.