If you are an SRD beneficiary, you would know that SASSA keeps the beneficiaries updated about the latest news through phone and email. This is why it is important to always have an active phone number.
And if you want to change the current mobile number, it is not only possible but absolutely easy. Here is a complete guide for SASSA to change phone numbers. So, dive right in for more.
Method 1: Through an Application ID
The most convenient way you can apply for SASSA SRD R350 is through the website using the application ID. It is not the easiest but time-efficient, so, if you are in a hurry, this may work great. And here is how you can do this.
- First, visit the SASSA government detail change link.
- After this, scroll down the main menu and choose to change the contact details.
- Once you click this, enter your application ID number and password. Then, press the Submit button.
- Next, you will receive an email address to verify these details.
- Click the link that is received through the email.
- After this, enter the old number and the new phone number in the designated fields.
- Upon entering this, you will receive a one-time OTP on your new mobile number.
- Enter this code on the designated field in the web browser in order to verify the number.
- Finally, the number is changed and now you can get notifications on this number.
Method 2: Without an Application ID
If you are unable to remember the Application ID for the SASSA SRD grant, it is straightforward to recover the ID. Then, you can utilize this ID to change the phone details on the service portal, as explained above. If you are wondering how to do this, follow these steps.
- First, visit the official SASSA website.
- Scroll down the main menu and find the SASSA Application Status.
- In front of this, you will see a yellow button on Click Here to Check Online.
- Click this and enter your National ID and phone number. After this, press the Submit button.
- You will receive an OTP. Use this code to recover the ID or create one. Finally, set the new password.
- From here, you can follow the steps mentioned above to change the phone number conveniently.
- Just to give you a recap, visit the government SASSA website and scroll down the menu to change contact details.
- Use the link received in the email to enter the new mobile phone. You will receive a pin code on the new phone number. Lastly, set the new number and this will keep you updated about the information regarding the grant on this phone details.
Method 3: Through the Email Address
Now, in case you do not have access to the official website at the time, you can opt to send the request to change contact details through the email address. It is pretty simple and takes no more than three minutes. Here is how you can do this.
- First, open your Gmail and compose a mail with an address ([email protected]).
- In the mail, mention that you want to change the phone number for your SASSA SRD R350 grant.
- Next, at the end of the mail, mention your username and SASSA grant status.
- Within a week, you will get a response from them.
Method 4: Through the Customer Service
Finally, the good thing about the process is that those with no internet access can also apply for a change of contact details. This is to facilitate people who have limited access to technology. And to do this, follow these simple steps.
- First, you are required to call SASSA at 082 046 8553. This is their official number and a customer representative is mostly available 24/7.
- Next, request them to change your phone number on the SRD grant.
- They will ask you the reason for this.
- After this, they will enquire about your personal details.
- Finally, they will change your phone number while you are on the call.
Contact SASSA for Further Queries
If you are still confused about the process and need someone to facilitate the process, here are some useful contacts for you.
- Toll-Free Customer Service Number: 0800 60 10 11
- Head Office Telephone Number: 012 400 2322
- Email Address: [email protected]
Can you change your SASSA phone number without an application ID?
Yes, you can change the SASSA phone number without an application ID. For this, visit the official SASSA website and scroll down the menu to recover the application ID. Once it is recovered, you can use it to change the number.
How long does it take for SASSA to verify contact details through email?
Typically, it takes two to seven days for SASSA to verify the contact details, if you have requested them through email.
Can you change the bank details of SASSA by call?
Yes, you can change the SASSA bank details by contacting customer service through the toll-free number 0800 60 10 11.
Finally, having your phone number registered on the SASSA service portal is definitely important, as it is the only way to keep yourself updated about the latest changes. If you are someone who is unable to use the registered phone number on SASSA, you can change it to the new one. And I hope this guide has been helpful in figuring out how to do this and which method best suits you.