SASSA is the South African Social Security Agency that provides social grants to eligible candidates so that they can earn a good living. You have to apply for the grant and wait until the officials of SASSA verify your application and tell you whether you are eligible for getting the grant or not.
Grant R350 is their social relief grant that is provided to eligible people who have no income or no assets. If you have applied for an R350 grant and your application gets accepted, you will get the grant. Otherwise, if the application is not accepted and is declined, you have the option of applying for an appeal.
This article tells you about what the SASSA grant appeal is, how to submit the appeal for R350, and how to check the appeal status. Read the details carefully so you’re aware of the appropriate procedure for SASSA appeal.
SASSA Appeal Process
SASSA appeal is the formal procedure of re-requesting the South African Social Security Agencies to recheck and reconsider your application that they have canceled before. In case your application was rejected and you are sure that you are eligible for getting the grant, you can apply for a SASSA appeal.
The guide tells you about the SASSA appeal, what are its main causes, how to lodge an appeal, and how to check the status of your appeal. Before looking at the appeal process, the first thing that you have to put your attention to is the possible causes of declining your application.
Why Do You Need To Do An Appeal?
Make sure to understand the reason for declining the application before registering an appeal. This is important because, in this way, you will know what you have to address in your appeal. Following are the possible causes that could be the reason that SASSA has declined your application.
- There are chances that you did not meet the eligibility criteria, and that was why your application was declined.
- There is a high chance that you have submitted incorrect information.
- Your application will be declined if you have submitted incomplete information.
- Sometimes there is a technical error in the system or malfunction in the system that can cause declining of the application.
- If you can earn and can live a good lifestyle, there are chances that SASSA will decline your application.
- If you are already getting help from some caregiving state of South Africa other than SASSA, your application can get canceled.
- If you are no longer living in the country.
- If you are dead.
- If you are receiving all the grands already from official setups, for example, NSFAS.
Now as you have understood the possible causes of the rejection of your application, now is the time to learn about the step-by-step procedure for lodging an appeal. The first thing that you have to make sure of before lodging an appeal is that you have to make sure you have certain important things with you. This includes your id card number, your mobile phone number, and an internet connection.
Step By Step Process To Apply For SASSA Appeal
- Visit the official website of SASSA appeals by simply clicking on srd.dsd.gov.za/appeals/.
- Find the green bar that says, “Click here to log in to appeal or check appeal status.”
- Click on that green bar.
- Here you have to enter your ID card number in the given space.
- One thing that you have to make sure of is that the number you are entering is the same number that you provided previously while submitting the application.
- After entering the ID card number, now enter the mobile phone number.
- Ensure the mobile phone number you are entering is exactly the number that you have entered in your application.
- Moreover, you also have to make sure that the phone number is registered in your name.
- Look for the option that says “send pin now” and click on “send pin now.”
- Wait until you get a message with a pin code on your mobile phone number.
- Now open the message and type that verification pin code number in the place that says “enter the pin code” on the website.
- Now click on submit.
- It will ask you for what month you want to submit an appeal.
- Mention the month you want to get the appeal for.
- Now click on the drop-down arrow and select the reason for your R 350 grant appeal.
- After selecting the reason, click on “submit” and wait.
Keep in mind that you might have to wait up to 3 months for the verification and rechecking of your appeal. You will get to know about the result of your appeal after 3 months. Moreover, also keep in mind that you will be paid from the exact date on which you submitted your application before.
Step By Step Process To SASSA Status Check Appeal
After submitting the appeal, you have to wait until you get a response from SASSA. Of course, you would be curious about the status of your appeal. So if you want to check whether your appeal is approved or not, the following is the step-by-step process for the SASSA status check appeal.
Understand the given points, so you can check the status of your appeal easily. Moreover, it is also important to check the status of your appeal regularly to keep an eye on the appeal and to make sure it has not got lost. Follow the following process attentively to check the status.
- Visit the official SASSA appeals website by clicking on srd.dsd.gov.za/appeals/.
- Now enter your ID card number in the given space and enter the cell phone number too.
- Click on submit, and a page will open in front of you that will tell you about the status of your appeal.
On the other hand, if you are unable to check the status of your appeal from an online official website, you can always contact their toll-free call center number 0800 6010 11. One thing that you have to always keep in mind is that while lodging an appeal, you have to make sure that you are providing the correct contact number to SASSA so that you can get their reply on your phone.
What Is An Independent Tribunal, And What Is Its Relation With SASSA Appeals?
Those applications for consideration that are sent to SASSA are checked by an independent tribunal. The Independent tribunal is responsible for reviewing SASSA R350 appeals. It will check and will let the applicants know whether the cancellation of their application was by mistake or it was due to some specific reason.
As soon as the independent tribunal rechecks your appeal, you will get to know about the result on the mobile phone number you have provided via message.
Points To Keep In Mind
Following are the detail of the key points that you must have to keep in mind before submitting an appeal. Make sure to follow the instructions mentioned below so your appeal forwards correctly, and you get notified about the appeal.
- You have to submit the appeal for every month your application was rejected. Submit an appeal separately about each month that you want to get the grant for.
- Keep in mind that you cannot submit an appeal after ninety days. This is because 90 days is the deadline of appeal submission.
- Ensure you have provided the correct contact details on the SRD appeal form.
- You have the option of upgrading the information in case you see any missings from your side. You can upgrade if you feel there is a need.
- Moreover, you can also contact the Independent Tribunal Department of SASSA if you have any queries or questions about your appeal.
What If The Appeal Gets Rejected Again?
Now if your appeal gets accepted, you will get the grant for the month you have applied for the appeal. On the other hand, if your appeal also declines, there are several causes for it.
Keep in mind you cannot apply again for reconsideration because this is the final decision. Let’s look at some of the common causes of declining SASSA appeal.
Possible Causes of Declining of The Appeal
Following is the list of possible causes of declining of the appeal. This includes,
- If you have an alternative income source.
- If you have more than R 595 balance in your account.
- If you have provided incorrect information.
- Your appeal can also get declined if your information is not similar to the SASSA appeal application and Department of home affairs.
- If an independent tribunal finds that you are getting grants from other sources, they can decline your application.
- Your application also declines if you are a beneficiary of NSFAS.
- Your application can also get declined if you are not in the age range eligible for getting the grant.
- Moreover, if the home affairs database tells you that you are dead, your appeal will also be declined by SASSA.
How To Contact If You Have Queries About Your Appeal?
If you have any queries, questions, or problems with your appeal, you can contact the SASSA officials simply via their website, email address, or by directly contacting them through their toll-free number.
- Website: www.SASSA.gov.za
- Email: [email protected]
- SASSA Toll-Free number: 0800601011
Independent Appeals Tribunal
You can also contact the Independent Appeal Tribunal department via the following ways,
- Tel: 012 312 7727
- Email: [email protected]
- SRD official Website: srd.SASSA.gov.za/
- SASSA Grant Enquiries Office: [email protected]
- SASSA WhatsApp Line Number: 082 046 8553
Moreover, you can also contact the SASSA contact center’s manager.
Kenneth Baloyi (SASSA’s Contact Center Manager)
- Tel: 0793081033
- Email: [email protected]
- Social Media Channel-Twitter: twitter.com/OfficialSASSA
- Social Media Channel-Facebook: facebook.com/SASSANewsZA/
What are the necessary documents that you should have before lodging an appeal?
You have to make sure that you have your ID card number and phone number for lodging an appeal. You also have to make sure that you have internet enabled on your mobile phone or the computer you have with you. This is important because the response of the officials of SASSA appeals comes to your mobile.
What are the most common reasons for declining the reconsideration application?
Your application can get declined if you have an alternative income source, if you have provided the wrong information about you or if your name is registered in the NSFAS scheme. Your application can also decline if you do not fall in the age range or if you have been mentioned as dead in the home affairs database. Moreover, if your ID verification fails, SASSA has the right to decline your appeal.
This above-mentioned guide tells you the details of how you can lodge an appeal for a grant in case your application gets rejected. SASSA provides social assistance to those who are facing financial difficulties. There are specific eligibility criteria that every candidate must have to fulfill; otherwise, the application will not be accepted.
After submitting an application, an inquiry will be made to check whether you are eligible for getting the grant or not. If your application gets rejected, you have the option of lodging an appeal to reconsider your application. This guide tells you about the step-by-step procedure to lodge an appeal and step by step procedure for a SASSA status check appeal.
I have tried my best to explain everything related to the SASSA appeal for R 350 and what are the reasons for the decline of your appeal. Read the guide carefully so you know what you have to do if your application gets declined.